We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Overview of the job
The job holder will be required to provide administrative support and assistance to staff members within their Directorate. Providing a professional and efficient service.
The jobholder will be responsible for carrying out administrative processes, maintaining systems and will act as first point of contact for all HMPPS, MOJ and wider criminal justice stakeholder enquiries arriving into their team, via functional mailboxes, telephone or mail
They will have no direct line management responsibilities but will have regular contact, in an administrative capacity, with internal and external stakeholders including at a Senior level. They will be relied upon to act at all times with professionalism and discretion and in a way that reinforces and enhances the positive reputation of HMPPS.
The post holder also undertakes a variety of specific activities and duties, for which they are held personally accountable, commensurate with their grade.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
· To provide secretariat support to meetings, including all preparation of work, taking minutes/notes.
· Assist with the management of local activities for example business continuity, use of government procurement card, sickness absence management. Assist with the collation of data and other management information requirements.
· Co-ordinate/draft responses to information requests under Freedom of
Information and Data Protection Acts and / or Parliamentary Questions.
· Support and advise staff and management with queries and current personnel policies and procedures.
· Provision of general administrative duties including face to face, email enquiries, booking meetings, diary management etc.
· To maintain administration databases to record and monitor information & produce monthly reports on these. Ensure that data entered into local and national systems is accurate and in accordance with agreed timescales
· To contribute to the review and development of systems, including procedures regarding the review of all specialist support systems and processes to identify and implement efficiency improvement measures, as required
· Assist the Budget holder with financial planning and maintenance of financial records
· Provide management with management information relating to the relevant area
· Act as first point of contact for relevant external stakeholders
· Monitor the functional mailboxes, action any issues and where needed log the request in the relevant folder/spreadsheet.
· Provision of general administrative support which will include; dealing with face to face and e-mail enquiries, booking meetings, booking laptops, projectors, flipcharts, teleconference facilities.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
· Making Effective Decisions
· Seeing the Big Picture
· Delivering at Pace
· Working Together
· Changing and Improving
Good communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
Good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel