We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
• You will have day to day responsibility for the oversight of a portfolio containing a mix of real estate and private equity corporate entities and will act as one of the main liaison and points of contact for all matters relating to the client;
• You will assist the Company Secretarial senior management with the leading of a small team of 2-3 staff and be responsible for up to date technical knowledge and ensuring operational excellence is delivered to clients.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Be responsible for leading a company secretarial sub-team;
• Oversee the day-to-day company secretarial operations of the entities managed by Alter Domus and the various transactions (including but not limited to incorporations, share allotment, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, buy back, power of attorney, loan notes, UK establishments etc.);
• Supervise the preparation of board and shareholders' meetings and ensure processes and turnaround are adhered to;
• Lead the set-up and/or take-on of new client structures including: - ensure a corporate services agreement is in place; - review client structure charts, assess risks and due diligence required and coordinate our Compliance on-boarding process; - ensure smooth transfer of the entities’ data from the incumbent to Alter Domus (e.g. implement onboarding checklists or trackers);
• Take a role of lead coordinator in complex international transactions and financings;
• Correspond with portfolio of clients, board members, and liaise with third-party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors;
• Provide guidance to clients on company secretarial matters and corporate governance best practice;
• Ensure entities statutory deadlines are met and statutory records, registers, systems etc. are kept in order;
• Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take the appropriate action on behalf of clients and internally;
• Undertake management responsibilities for your team, including allocation of workflows, day to day HR functions, conducting appraisal processes etc.
• Support the senior management with the business development activities, including preparation of fee proposals and attending meetings with prospects;
• Be responsible for the finance KPIs to include completing internal financial reports, ensuring timely timesheet completion, monitoring of out of scope work, tracking billing process and chasing debtors.
• Hold a university degree and/or relevant professional qualification (Chartered Governance Institute or equivalent) or be working towards one;
• You have at least 5 years of company secretarial experience (preferably in a professional financial services environment);
• You have experience managing corporate international structures;
• Knowledge of Compliance/AML rules and ability to identify UBOs and work out list of KYC required;
• Knowledge of Blueprint (now Diligent entities) would be an asset;
• You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
• You possess good communication and management skills and are able to delegate work and supervise a team;
• You adopt a flexible and hands-on approach;
• You are organised with an eye for detail;
• You are able to work under pressure;
• You demonstrate commitment to deliver excellent client service;
• You have the ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects simultaneously,