Etex are seeking a Fire Stop Engineer to join the FSi team!
Travel based on customer and business requirements
40 hours per week
Competitive Salary Depending on Experience
What you’ll do
The Fire Stop Engineer position is a key role within the Technical Team in all aspects. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that FSi can be regarded as the standard setters within the industry for technical excellence, and to efficiently manage the technical service desk. This will be a broad, varied role, but will ultimately assist the success of FSi, by ensuring that a superior technical service can be offered to all existing and new customers.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting line manager with the overall management of the technical department
• Mentoring the less experienced and new members of the team to assist with the development of the technical department
• Completing intermediate technical evaluations
• Providing full system specifications on a project-by-project basis
• Potential to conduct site visits to assist customers to overcome project-specific issues as approved by line manager
• Mange the technical desk and support customers with all aspects of enquiries through email/phone support
• Assist with the production of typical details through CAD details
• Management of the awareness training for customers internally and externally where required
• Monthly accurate reporting of key interaction statistics and trends
• Ensure personal technical development is ongoing through educational involvement
• Reporting of technical department KSi/KPI liaising directly with technical management team
• Ensuring CPD are up to date to ensure personal competency
• Addressing processes and operating procedures for the technical department to improve the performance of the quality of the department
• Highlighting areas where our system does not meet with re-occurring trends and issues in the industry and addressing accordingly
• Assisting with the indicative furnace to test systems and scenarios prior to full scale fire tests. This will include ensuring testing materials and tools are available. This should be done by keeping an up-to-date record of stock and tools.
• Assisting with Sampling procedures for all external testing requirements. This will require constant interaction with the testing schedule to ensure all materials are available for upcoming tests.
• Assisting with product testing through both planning and installation of system
What you’ll bring:Experience in liaising with all industries involved in the passive fire protection from giving guidance the third-party installers to speaking with main contractors on a daily basis offering support and technical guidance Experience of conducting of training sessions both practical and theory for a large quantity of customers to enable to correct install and specification of our systems and products Experience conducting site visits to specify systems and aid with overcoming technical difficulties Proven experience preparing Site reports Extensive experience fielding day to day general technical enquiries Experienced with the use of Microsoft Office Systems Experienced with the use of Horizon dynamic phone systems Experienced with the use of SharePoint system Fully proficient in the use of ACAD
It would be an advantage, but is not essential, if you also have:IFE Level 1, 2 & 3 qualification in Passive Fire Protection [Qualifications] Witnessed several Full-scale fire tests to various EN Standards Experience developing Technical Guidance Documents
Why work with Etex?
At Etex, we might be leaders in modern, sustainable construction, but our people are our priority. We care about our teammates, and they feel it. We are driven by a core set of values that permeates through everything we do. A passion for excellence drives us. Through dedication, innovation and adherence to the highest standards, we deliver the very best quality to our partners and customers.
We connect and care about those around us. We nurture teamwork, communities, partnerships and new ways of working, placing the highest importance on the safety and working environment of our people. When we combine these two elements, we are able to pioneer to lead. We actively seek to outperform and act as a leader in our ever-changing sector. We harness the power of sustainable construction and take responsibility for the impact our people, our operations and our legacy make on the world.
We make a positive human impact – motivated by changing people’s lives, improving the future of our planet and over-delivering for our customers.
Etex is a place for people who want to inspire change and build inspiring ways of living.
What we offerCompetitive salary 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holiday % Bonus Hybrid working Pension Scheme Gym membership contribution Any many more…