We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
This post is an integral role in supporting new and existing staff in the recording of probation work on bespoke Probation Systems. This is an essential part of any significant organisational change as well as continuing to support in the business as usual state. You will be key in ensuring colleagues are supported and confident using applications, systems and processes. Excellent communication; interpersonal skills and presentational skills are required to provide training to users of all abilities.
The role requires the successful candidates to deliver ICT Training to groups of staff and therefore requires specific IT knowledge. Currently delivery is done remotely, therefore the successful applicant can work remotely and be based in any Probation Office in Yorkshire and the Humber. Classroom delivery will be reintroduced at some point in 2022 and so there will be an element of travel within the Yorkshire and Humberside Region.
Please see the attached Job Description for the main duties of this role.For any information about this role please email the ICT Training Specialist Sarah Kimber: firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Overview of the job
The purpose of the role is to deliver effective ICT Training on all Probation Service systems and processes to new and existing admin and operational staff at all grades across the region.
You will be key in ensuring colleagues are fully trained and supported to be confident in using probation applications, systems and processes.
The Regional ICT Trainer reports to the Regional ICT Training Specialist. Travel across the region will be required as part of the job to deliver ICT training to colleagues.
Contribute to the effective delivery of the Regional ICT Training Plan through provision of ICT training to new and existing staff of all grades across the region and providing additional support to the ICT Training Specialist as required. Use nationally and locally agreed lesson plans which will be delivered using a blended learning approach subject to group and individual need.
The job holder will follow a training programme developed by the Regional ICT Training Specialist to develop their capability and effectiveness.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
· Deliver ICT Training for Probation Service ICT systems to groups of staff using national and locally agreed lesson plans, either face to face in the classroom or virtual delivery via MS Teams. When required, the job holder will deliver group presentations and workshop sessions plus individual coaching and targeted learning appropriate to need, remotely or face to face throughout the probation region
· Preparation for training events, on-line and in the classroom, ensuring all materials are available, current and accurate
· Be aware of diversity issues relating to training delivery and documentation including individual learning needs and provision of ICT Training support to Assistive Technology users.
· Maintain the ICT training databases, updating the training system in preparation for a training course; administer bookings through myLearning, incl. obtaining attendance lists; sending out joining instructions to learners; adding attendance details
· Assist the ICT Training Specialist to ensure all training materials are kept up to date reflecting changes to guidance and processes, systems and software; identify and propose potential improvements to training materials.
· Assist in the production of training material in a variety of media formats, E- Learning, Video and Virtual training platforms to meet learners’ needs and maximise efficiency of delivery.
· Undertake evaluation of training events, analysing feedback from attendees on the day or after the event to check successful achievement of expected outcomes and effectiveness of delivery with a view to making improvements where identified
· Respond to enquiries relating to ICT training and the associated probation case management systems and processes. This includes responding to email enquiries from the ICT Training mailbox.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation Scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the job holder.
· Developing Self and Others
· Communicating and Influencing
· Delivering at Pace
· Changing and Improving
· Deliver training and presentations to diverse groups of people
· Interpret and present technical and complex information to staff of differing abilities to enable their understanding
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to provide training to users of all abilities
· Experience of teaching or delivering training to a diverse mix of staff within a work environment
· Knowledge and understanding of teaching adults and the associated learning methods that are employed
· Strong IT skills with an in-depth knowledge of MS Office products - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ongoing requirement to maintain own knowledge on relevant documents, systems and processes, in order to ensure effective and accurate response to delegate queries