Offering a complete ecosystem of maritime services, including broking, finance, port services and research, Clarksons is at the heart of global shipping. Our unrivalled reach, expertise, and depth of experience, combined with leading research, enables us to partner with clients across every sector to meet the demands of the world’s rapidly evolving maritime, offshore, trade and energy markets. Building on our unique heritage and harnessing our insights to see further, faster, we work with our clients and communities to create strategies that have a positive impact on the industry and the world around us. Dedicated to excellence, it’s our people that drive success for our clients.
To understand more including day-to-day life at Clarksons, visit us at www.clarksons.com
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Project Manager to join our team in the EMEA region based out of our London office. This role will require hands-on Project Management experience working within standard project frameworks. You will be the main point of contact for assigned deliverables, changes and projects covering all aspects of the IT Lifecycle. This role may require out work to be completed outside of the standard office hours and may also require travel through UK and Global Clarksons offices where needed.
Key areas of focus will be to
• Ensure that all key projects and changes are transitioned to global support teams.
• Plan, organise, and direct tasks related to ongoing projects in the company.
• Ensure all project related risks and decisions are recorded, owned, and managed.
• Work with key stakeholders, architects and project team to create accurate plans with timelines.
• Act as a point of escalation for project related requests and technology solutions.
• Provide regular and up to date status reports to the business.
• Create and manage project documentation.
• Communicate with stakeholders about scheduling, staffing and technical requirements.
• Assist the PMO team to continuously improve processes and visibility of the project management portfolio.
What you’ll be doing
• Creating and managing project plans with the project team.
• Defining project schedules, allocate resources, and monitor progress
• Aligning project objectives with company/departmental goals, and make sure project team is clear on requirements and objectives.
• Delivering and installing technology solutions.
• Helping the project team with the design and development tasks.
• Leading the process of issue identification and resolution.
• Managing the risk tracking process.
• Monitoring and managing project scope.
• Managing project documentation.
• Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Fostering partnerships with customers/stakeholders/sponsors.
• Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
What we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you: • are open-minded, embracing of change, driven & enthusiastic, and considerate to others • act with integrity • are dedicated to excellence • collaborate & challenge for collective success
Key Skills & Experience
• Project management skills (with at least 2 years project management skills within IT) to deliver changes and improvements
• Experience of KanBan, Scrum and Waterfall frameworks
• ITIL or ITSM experience preferred (ITIL Foundation would be desirable)
• Understanding of Waterfall, AGILE, and PRINCE2 methodologies
• PRINCE2 – Foundation (required)
• AGILE – CSM (desirable)
• Customer oriented, with a passion for delivering excellent service and for continuous improvement of services
• Good communications skills, with customers, team members, and stakeholders
• Professional manner with a strong work ethic
• Good problem-solving skills, with a solution focused approach
• Ability to multitask effectively during busy times and remain calm during stressful situations
• Thrives in collaborative and fast-moving environment
• A team player who can work within a framework of procedure and policies
• Self-motivated and able to use initiative
• Flexible and willing to work outside of the core hours if necessary
• Able to learn quickly and work within a fast-paced environment
• Desire to learn and to undertake on-the-job training and continuous personal development
• Intermediate budgeting knowledge