Maternity Cover (12 months)
40h per week, rotative shift pattern 6 am 2 pm and 2 pm - 10 pm
Salary from £10 per hour and £10.50 after probation + Bonus + 20% shift premium (afternoon shifts)
FSi is celebrating one year within its parent company Etex and already the Measham manufacturing operation near Swadlincote, Burton, and Tamworth is growing alongside our global distribution hub in Thurrock Essex.
FSi manufactures products that prevent the passage of fire and heat freely through buildings in the event of a fire, we specialise in Firestopping and Cavity and Façade applications within the building envelop and external façade where our products and systems are specified to “Leave no Gaps”. We operate within numerous construction market sectors within the UK and Overseas.
25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday Pension Scheme Gym membership contribution Retention Bonus (10%)
You will work alongside an established Quality team within the QC laboratory to ensure the manufactured product's full compliance with internal specifications.
Some of the duties are:
- Follow existing work procedures to carry out testing and analysis of the produced products effectively.
- Responsible for identifying non-conformances, reporting issues to the productions department and management, and relaying corrective actions to the production operatives
- Adhere to safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- To support and train others where requiered
- Maintain good housekeeping and organization of the QC Laboratory and retain sample storage and ensure the equipment is well-maintained and calibrated
Full training will be provided.
We are looking for:
- An organized person, conscientious, and dedicated with great attention to detail.
- A-level or HND or equivalent
- Science background
- Experience of qualify control environment
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft 365 applications, advanced Excel skills are desirable
Why work with FSI?
We connect and care about those around us. We nurture teamwork, communities, partnerships, and new ways of working, placing the highest importance on the safety and working environment of our people. When we combine these two elements, we are able to pioneer to lead. We actively seek to outperform and act as a leader in our ever-changing sector. We make a positive human impact – motivated by changing people’s lives, improving the future of our planet, and over-delivering for our customers.
NB: A full job description can be requested as part of the application process, please make this request within your covering letter. Covering letters and CVs can be updated during the recruitment process if required.