We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Rydym yn croesawu ac yn annog ceisiadau gan bawb, yn cynnwys grwpiau sydd wedi’u tangynrychioli yn ein gweithlu ar hyn o bryd, ac rydym yn ymfalchïo mewn bod yn gyflogwr o safon uchel sy’n denu llawer o ymgeiswyr. Ewch i https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
gael rhagor o wybodaeth am sut rydym yn hyrwyddo amrywiaeth a chynhwysiant yn y gweithle.
The Performance and Quality Analyst role is a flexible analytical resource which supports other Performance and Quality Team members. The Analyst’s focus is to provide high quality management information tools and analysis along with advice and guidance.
The post provides analysis and support to the Strategic Performance Lead and six Performance and Quality Officers and works with six Delivery Units across Wales so as to ensure performance and delivery to agreed targets. This includes identifying local performance and quality issues, developing a programme of quality operational practice and improvements to meet the needs of the Region and HMPPS priorities. The Performance Analyst responsibility is to work collaboratively alongside other Performance & Quality team members
Overview of the job
The post holder is a member of the Performance and Quality Team within the Business As Usual team, supporting them with the provision of high quality management information tools and providing a flexible analytical resource to meet their requirements.
Supports the Performance and Quality Manager and Officers (2 -4) who work with LDU clusters to ensure performance and delivery to agreed targets. This includes identifying local performance and quality issues, and developing a programme of quality operational practice and improvement to meet the needs of the division, and HMPPS priorities. The Performance Analyst role is to work alongside the P & Q team, their responsibilities will include:
· Developing new business intelligence, tools and reports
· Acting as Account manager for analytical requests from NPS division, ensuring understanding of requirements and translating these into analytical work
· Developing strong working relationships within the team and with other stakeholders
· Development and maintenance of management information dashboards for use within NPS directorate and division
· Responding to ad hoc analytical requests ensuring these are translated into efficient reports
· Assisting the preparation and delivery of training programmes
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
Support Service Delivery Quality Improvement and Practice Development
· Support organisational vision and strategies as regards quality improvement within the LDU clusters
· Support the development and implementation of systems for reviewing and assessing effective practice within the LDU clusters, including data audits and flow charting techniques
· Promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
Performance management within the LDU Clusters
· Support performance management of LDU clusters within the division through the provision of information
· Identify opportunities for performance improvement through analysing trends within LDU clusters
· Support the implementation of performance plans within LDU clusters and monitor their effectiveness through the provision of appropriate monitoring tools
· Work with PQO colleagues to share good practice
· Support continuous quality improvement
· Implement best practice initiatives internally
· Develop tools to assist with monitoring compliance with quality systems
Develop Team and Partnership Working
· Be responsible for establishing effective working relationships with other teams and with colleagues
· Provide information to colleagues where required
· Provide a business partnering service where required
· Support a performance and quality-focused organisation
Plan and organise
· Support manager with the provision of reports and analysis for SLA review meetings around performance. Develop action logs where appropriate
· Share knowledge and good practice to inform the continual improvement of service delivery
Use communication effectively
· Providing information, feedback and advice
· Influencing and persuading
· Participate in meetings as appropriate using appropriate skills, styles and approaches
Enhance your own performance
· Manage own resources and professional development
Use information to support decision makers
· Liaise with staff to receive, collate and analyse information, compiling reports as necessary
· Develop and utilise data to identify trends and issues
· Comply with systems for the exchange of sensitive information, data and intelligence
Manage Diversity and Quality
· Support a culture and systems that promote equality and value diversity
· Implement the diversity policies of the service and consult the Equalities and Diversity Unit as appropriate
· Enable an effective approach to project and process evaluation through provision of suitable analytical tools
· Enable others to carry out project management roles
· Maintain effective communication with project stakeholders
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive.
The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alternations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
· Changing and Improving
· Delivering at Pace
· Working Together
· Managing a Quality Service
· Making Effective Decisions
Demonstrate experience of stakeholder management, demonstrate experience of maintaining information & administrative systems including databases, and experience of quality systems and implementing quality improvement initiatives
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject (or appropriate practical experience).
Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint (or equivalent i.e. Lotus Notes).