REQ ID: 87825 JOB TITLE: Principal Cyber Operations SME SALARY: Competitive POSTING END DATE: 11/07/2022 LOCATION: Manchester
We’re reinventing what tomorrow looks like at Jaguar Land Rover. There’s a revolution underway in our industry – and we’re leading it. We’ve always been innovators. But our future will be driven by the possibilities created by new technologies as never before.
Today we are the largest investor in automotive research and development in the UK. Which means we want even more passionate minds that can think beyond, pushing the boundaries of what our industry deems possible.
Jaguar Land Rover has long pushed the boundaries of technology. Now digital innovation lies at the heart of our business – because it is central to our future strategy. We are focused on the development of electric, connected and driverless cars that will reshape the whole industry. Joining us is your chance to help redefine who we are and where we’re going. Your talents in security incident management and security vulnerability management could take your career in many directions. Get ready to dream for tomorrow.
Jaguar Land Rover is leading the way with initiatives to improve the customer experience through the use of vehicle data to manage, update and improve the car.
Within the Vehicle Connected Data Platform (VCDP) team, we build, maintain and operate systems and applications that allow our vehicles to operate in the connected world. In support of this, we are looking for a Principal Cyber Operations SME to build out the capability for proactive detection of cyber vulnerabilities in conjunction with leading the strategy around VCDPs response to active cyber incidents of our cloud-based infrastructure and services in support of upcoming regulation changes in the automotive sector.
The Principal Cyber Operations SME will own, build and implement the teams strategy for running internal and external security incident and vulnerability management functions. You will be required to deliver operational support as well as new best in class technical solutions under project governance whilst leading and developing a team.
Fundamentally this will be a collaborative role heavily integrated with the JLR Vehicle Security Operations Centre to share knowledge, skills, experience and resources for this critical and exciting new capability with touchpoints across the entire offboard cyber technical discipline.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Work with the offboard cyber technical discipline head to derive and execute the future vision and execution plan for vulnerability and incident management.
• Plan, direct and control the incident and vulnerability management functions and operations.
• Ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect VCDP platforms, addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation.
• Coordinate and cooperate with externally sourced security service providers including the JLR Vehicle SOC who will be a strategic partner in this role.
• Direct security event monitoring, management and response and cyber threat.
• Identify, procure and implement all relevant tooling across both vulnerability management and incident response, aligning with corporate tooling where appropriate and identifying areas for consolidation and efficiency.
• Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring in accordance with defined SLAs.
• Define and implement the policy, process, and procedures for vulnerability and incident management in line with ISO 27001.
• Ensure daily management, administration and maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness.
• Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for VSOC operations, operational development teams and senior management.
• Drive thorough Incident Investigations to ensure that Root Cause Analysis & Lessons Learned are conducted, documented and implemented as well as speedy but safe Return to Operation controls are implemented.
• Refine and continually improve the Application Security (AppSec) Pipeline security vulnerability testing capability ensuring that the people, processes and technologies needed for a world class DevSecOps capability are in place.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
We’re looking for Principal Cyber Operations SME with strong stakeholder management and leadership skills, who will build and implement the teams strategy for running internal and external security incident and vulnerability management functions.
We are keen to speak to people who have the following skills and expertise:
• Previous experience working within and leading a SOC function at scale at a senior level.
• Excellent understanding & experience of management of Cyber Information Security Incidents, Risk & Vulnerabilities.
• Proven experience in Security Incident Handling, Vulnerability Management and Threat Hunting.
• Experience of application security tools covering SAST, DAST, SCA and runtime implementations including triage and assessment of active vulnerabilities.
• Experience of working within an agile delivery environment and experience of DevOps techniques and practices.
• Qualifications in Security Management such as CISSP / CISM or other Security qualifications.
• An end-to-end understanding of NIST, MITRE attack framework and the 7 stage Cyber kill Chain
• Strong IT skills, able to analyse data for reporting purposes and follow work instruction.
• Have a keen eye for small details as well as a delivery focused mentality.
• Background and previous experience of cloud-based technologies such as AWS and GCP would be a plus,
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.