Requisition ID: 265954Relocation Authorized: None Telework Type: Part-Time Telework Work Location: London WC2E
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the center of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:Flexible Working Private Medical Coverage Life Insurance Program Pension Scheme Employee Assistance Program Long Term Disability Scheme
Industrial Planner would be responsible for both performing planning work and producing studies, planning programs, and proposals. Would have experience in physical and policy planning related to the development of industrial facilities and associated logistics infrastructure and utility systems. Provides strategic and technical support for early-stage infrastructure development programs and schemes, Reports to and receives operational and functional supervision from the Manager of IPDG (Infrastructure Planning and Development Group). The role features a unique opportunity to shape and implement Bechtel’s approach to connected infrastructure strategies that will change the way we live and work.
Key Responsibilities:Supervises or executes the planning activity on a project, or designated portions of a project related to industrial infrastructure planning and development Plans and executes assignments relating to industrial facility planning, utility systems planning, energy transition planning, land use planning, transportation & logistics planning, scenario development and analysis, environmental and sustainability planning, sector research and economic analysis. Participates in the composition of reports and presentations, including the production of drawings, maps, figures, tables, graphs, and 3D imagery
· High-level engagement with clients to understand their needs and requirements in order to provide planning / design / feasibility solutions in a multi-disciplinary / multi-sectional context.
· As directed, manages the complex organizational interactions that may evolve from the participation of several Bechtel industry groups (such as energy, mining and minerals, or manufacturing and technology) on a project.Establishes and maintains access to technical experts in the advanced technologies pertinent to the project and sets up channels of communication to bring this expertise to bear effectively on the planning effort. Familiar with associated disciplines (architecture, engineering, urban design, environmental science, and business planning) in order to manage others (both internal and consultants). Participates in proposal preparation and presentations to potential customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and a Master’s degree in a related discipline such as Architecture, Urban Planning, or Economics.
· Consummate experience in planning and delivery major industrial infrastructure projects
· Experience in planning related to industrial infrastructure, commodity transportation, economics and sector analysis, as well as working knowledge in community design, transportation, and land area utilization and development.
· Experience in power and utility systems planning, including grid assessments, power generation (conventional and renewables), transmission and distribution, and water and wastewater management systems.
· Experience in most of the following fields: engineering, architecture, oil & gas, mining, power generation & transmission, energy transition industries (e.g. green hydrogen, carbon capture), transportation, economics, and public policy.
· Proficient in Microsoft 365 suite of applications – specifically Word, Powerpoint and Excel – for the production of high-quality reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
· Professional proficiency in Computer Aided Design software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and Infraworks; experience with 3D and 4D modeling software such as SketchUp Pro, Syncro 4D, and Twinmotion; some experience with ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap preferred.
· Advanced oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability in making presentations to customers and management.
· Ability to listen and to understand customer challenges, supporting their early stage thinking as they plan procurements and applying a collaborative approach to customer relationships
· Ability to develop new propositions and to work with customers to shape potential prospects, including the ability to develop creative solutions and “connect dots” through disparate information
· Ability to sell Bechtel’s value proposition, execution approach and commercial offering to customers based on a deep understanding of major project delivery
· Experience in both the public and private sector.
· Self-directed, requires limited daily supervision or guidance.
· Responsive to internal and external customers with consistent follow-up and follow-through.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live. www.bechtel.com
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.