We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Job holders within this Group Profile will carry out specific manual activities across key areas to support the efficient running of the establishment. They will be deployed to provide a range of support services within the operational areas of the establishment when required.
This is a non-operational job with no line management responsibilities.
Typical tasks associated with this Group Profile include:
· Log materials used and assist with stocktaking of tools, equipment and materials
· Undertake activities in such a way to ensure that waste is reduced and that areas of work are safe, clean and tidy whilst work is in progress
· Inform manager to ensure sufficient levels of stock are maintained
· Ensure allocated Planned Maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertaking service requests raised via the computer aided facilities management system
· Carry out project work when required
· Advise on sufficient levels of stock and request procurement of goods and services, and ensure all materials used are logged and are fit for purpose
· Escort technical contractors when required, working with and supervising them in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS)
· Maintain regular communications via radio net in accordance with(LSS)
· Undertake the role of banksman directing the operation of some plant equipment or machinery
· Be responsible for tools and plant machinery, carrying out checks at regular intervals and completing relevant documentation in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS) and National Security Framework (NSF)
· Comply with Health & Safety policies, procedures and legislation to ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
· Drive estates vehicles and operate plant equipment
· Operate within command mode in line with local contingency plans
· Undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per Service Delivery Agreement timescales in a safe manner
· Assemble products on site when required
· Carry out pest control prevention measures across the estate when required
· Contribute to prisoner reports including parole and sentence planning
Job Descriptions relating to this Group Profile
The role holder once in post will be in matched to a job description a sample list is attached below.
· Support Services Facilities : Catering
· Support Services Facilities : Maintenance
· Support Services Facilities : Museum Curator
· Support Services Facilities : Shop
· Support Services Facilities : Stores/Warehouse/RIDS
· Support Services Facilities : Waste Environmental
Essential Skills/ Qualifications/ Accreditation/ Registration
Requires basic knowledge and will be required to undertake specific training and courses in these work areas.
Will comply with the relevant H & S policies and legislation Must complete a manual handling course, undertake basic security awareness and be trained in break-away techniques if deemed required.
· Working Together
· Managing a Quality Service
· Communicating and Influencing
· Developing Self and Others
· Some roles require specific qualifications
· Requires basic knowledge of relevant role